Mutual Funds(Page 1 of 2)
Mutual funds in Kerala have grown in popularity over the years, offering investors a range of investment options to choose from. Here are some key highlights of the history of mutual funds in Kerala:
Introduction of mutual funds in India: The concept of mutual funds was introduced in India in the 1960s, with the formation of the Unit Trust of India (UTI). UTI was the first mutual fund in India, and played a key role in promoting the growth of the mutual fund industry in the country.
Establishment of mutual fund companies: Following the success of UTI, several mutual fund companies were established in India in the following years. Some of the prominent mutual fund companies in Kerala include SBI Mutual Fund, HDFC Mutual Fund, and ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund.
Growth of equity funds: Equity mutual funds have become increasingly popular in Kerala in recent years, as investors seek higher returns on their investments. Equity funds invest in stocks and shares of companies, and are more volatile than other types of mutual funds.
Introduction of debt funds: Debt mutual funds have also gained popularity in Kerala, particularly among investors who are looking for a more stable investment option. Debt funds invest in fixed-income securities, such as government bonds and corporate bonds, and offer investors a regular income stream.
Focus on digital investing: With the growth of the internet and technology, mutual fund companies in Kerala have increasingly focused on offering digital investing options to investors. This has made it easier for investors to buy and sell mutual fund units, and has led to a significant increase in the use of online investment platforms in the state.
The history of mutual funds in Kerala reflects the growing popularity of this investment option among individuals and businesses in the state, and the industry continues to evolve with the changing needs of investors.
Mutual Funds by various financial institutions like HDFC Mutual Fund and UTI Mutual Fund. HDFC Mutual Fund is from HDFC and UTI Mutual Fund is from Unit Trust of India. Information regarding these funds are available with the website links to these Mutual funds.
- HDFC Mutual Fund : HDFC Mutual Fund is a Dominant player in Indian Mutual Fund Space.
- Unit Trust of India(UTI) : UTI Mutual Fund has a track record of managing a variety of schemes catering to the needs of every class of citizenry.
- SBI Mutual Fund (SBI MF) : SBI Mutual Fund (SBI MF) is one of the largest mutual funds in India.
- Quantum Asset Management Company : Quantum Asset Management Company's investment objective is to achieve long-term capital appreciation.
- LIC Mutual Fund : LIC Mutual Fund is set up by Life Insurance Corporation of India in 1989.
- Reliance Mutual Funds : Reliance Mutual Fund is a part of the Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, is one of the fastest growing mutual funds in the country.
- Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund : Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund provides a range of investment products on equity and fixed income asset classes.
- Principal Mutual Fund : Principal Mutual Fund (formerly known as IDBI-PRINCIPAL Mutual Fund) has been constituted as a Trust in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 (2 of 1882).
- JM Financial Mutual Fund : JM Financial Mutual Fund is one of India 's first private sector mutual funds.
- Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund : Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited (KMAMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of KMBL, is the Asset Manager for Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund (KMMF).