Kerala has a diverse financial sector, with a range of institutions catering to the needs of individuals and businesses. Here are some key highlights of the history of financial institutions in Kerala:
Establishment of the Kerala State Financial Enterprises: The Kerala State Financial Enterprises (KSFE) was established in 1969, and has played a key role in providing financial services to the rural population in the state. KSFE is a government-owned non-banking financial company that offers a range of services, including savings schemes, chitty schemes, and gold loans.
Growth of insurance companies: Several insurance companies have established a presence in Kerala over the years, providing life and general insurance products to individuals and businesses in the state. The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is one of the most prominent insurance companies in Kerala, and has a large network of branches across the state.
Expansion of stockbroking firms: With the growth of the stock market in India, several stockbroking firms have established a presence in Kerala over the years. These firms offer a range of services, including equity trading, commodity trading, and wealth management.
Introduction of microfinance institutions: Microfinance institutions have become increasingly popular in Kerala in recent years, providing small loans to individuals and businesses who would otherwise have limited access to credit. Institutions such as ESAF Small Finance Bank and Ujjivan Small Finance Bank have established a strong presence in the state.
Rise of fintech companies: Fintech companies have emerged as a disruptive force in the financial sector in recent years, and Kerala is no exception. Several fintech companies, such as Paytm and PhonePe, have established a presence in the state, offering a range of digital payment and financial services.
The history of financial institutions in Kerala reflects the state's economic growth and development over the years, and the sector continues to evolve with the changing needs of individuals and businesses.
Website links to Government Financial institutions like KFC, KSFE, KTDFC and RBI, Private Financial Institutions like HDFC and Muthoot Pappachan Group and Mutual Funds like HDFC Mutual fund and UTI Mutual Fund. Brief information about these institutions are also available.
- Mutual Funds Directory of Mutual Funds run by various financial institutions like HDFC, Unit Trust of India. Info about these mutual funds and their web links are available.
- Govt Institutions Directory of Financial institutions run by the Government like KFC(Kerala Financial Corporation), KSFE(Kerala State Financial Enterprises), KTDFC(Kerala Transport Development Finance Corporation) and Reserve Bank of India.
- Private Institutions Directory of Private Financial institutions like HDFC and Muthoot Pappachan Group. These institutions are owned and managed by private parties.
- Online Share Trading Online trading is the internet based investment activity that involves no direct involvement of the broker.
- Insurance Companies Web Directory of insurance companies who provide insurance policies
- Financial Websites List of Financial Websites detailing about shares and mutual funds
- Commodity Exchanges List of all major Commodity Exchanges with their website links
- Money Exchanges Directory of Money Exchanges in Kerala with their website links.