Dance Schools(Page 1 of 4)
Kerala has a rich tradition of various dance forms, including classical dance forms like Kathakali and Mohiniyattam, as well as folk dances like Theyyam, Thiruvathira, and Kaikottikali. There are several dance schools in Kerala that specialize in teaching these traditional dance forms, as well as contemporary dance styles. Here are some of the top dance schools in Kerala:
Kerala Kalamandalam: Kerala Kalamandalam is a deemed university for art and culture located in Cheruthuruthy, Thrissur district. It was established in 1930 and offers courses in various traditional art forms, including Kathakali, Mohiniyattam, Koodiyattam, and Thullal.
Natyagriham: Natyagriham is a leading dance school in Kochi, which offers training in various dance forms like Bharatanatyam, Kuchipudi, and Mohiniyattam.
Sreepadam School of Arts: Sreepadam School of Arts is a renowned dance school in Thrissur, which offers training in Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattam, and other dance forms.
Kalakshetra Kerala: Kalakshetra Kerala is a dance school in Kochi, which offers training in Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattam, and other dance forms.
Mudra School of Dance: Mudra School of Dance is a popular dance school in Thiruvananthapuram, which offers training in various dance forms like Bharatanatyam, Kathakali, and Mohiniyattam.
These dance schools have contributed significantly to the preservation and promotion of traditional dance forms in Kerala and have produced several talented dancers over the years.
Web directory of all major Dance schools functioning in Kerala
- Mudra Centre for Dance, Kochi : Within a short time it has already created a new space for dance and its meaning in life in Kochi.
- Sree Chitra Thirunal Smaraka Sangeetha Natya Kala Kendram : Natya Kala Kendram gives importance for the study of Kerala art forms
- Natanakaisiki, Irinjalakkuda : Natanakaisiki is a Research Centre for dance and theatre traditions of the women of Kerala as part of Natanakairali.
- Tharang Institute of Classical Dances, Thiruvananthapuram : Tharang Institute of classical dances, situated near the historical Shri Padma Swami temple and in the heart of Anathapuri in Trivandrum was established in 1976.
- Kerala Kalamandalam, Cheruthuruthy, Thrissur : Kerala Kalamandalam is the premiere public institution in India imparting training in and conducting performances of the classical arts of Kerala
- Mudra Kathakali, Thekkady : Mudra Kathakali, is a daily kathakali centre at Thekkady
- Vijnana Kala Vedi Cultural Centre, Aranmula : A traditional school for Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Bharatanatyam, Karnatic Music, Tabla, Maddalam
- Nrityalaya, Kozhikkode : The centre of learning was inaugurated in August 1990, appropriately, by the legend of Kuchipudi dance, Dr. Vempati Chinna Sathyam.
- Noopura Institute of Indian Classical Dance and Music : Noopura Institute of Indian Classical Dance and Music was established in 1970 under the leadership of Dr. K. R. Kurup.
- Kathakali Sadanam, Palakkad : ‘Gandhi Seva Sadan- Kathakali and Classic Arts Academy’ popularly known as “SADANAM KATHAKALI AKADEMY".