Kerala is a state in southern India with a thriving telecommunications industry. Here is a brief history and summary of the top telecom service providers in Kerala:
History of Telecom Service Providers in Kerala:
The telecom industry in Kerala has been growing rapidly since the early 2000s. The state has a high tele-density, which means that a large percentage of the population has access to telecommunications services. With the advent of 4G and 5G technologies, the industry has seen a significant shift towards data-driven services and applications.
Summary of Top Telecom Service Providers in Kerala:
Airtel: Airtel is one of the leading telecom service providers in Kerala, offering mobile, fixed-line, and broadband services. It has a large network and provides high-speed data services across the state.
Vodafone Idea: Vodafone Idea is another major telecom service provider in Kerala, with a wide range of mobile and data services. It has a strong network and provides reliable and affordable services to its customers.
Jio: Jio is a relatively new player in the telecom industry but has quickly become one of the leading service providers in Kerala. It offers high-speed 4G and 5G services and has a large network across the state.
BSNL: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is a government-owned telecom service provider that has a strong presence in Kerala. It offers a wide range of mobile and data services and has a large network of customers in the state.
Tata Docomo: Tata Docomo is another popular telecom service provider in Kerala that offers mobile and data services. It has a strong network and provides affordable and reliable services to its customers.
Overall, the telecom industry in Kerala is highly competitive, with a range of service providers offering high-speed data and reliable services to customers across the state. With the increasing demand for data-driven services, the industry is likely to see continued growth and innovation in the coming years.
List of major telecommunication service providers in Kerala state like BSNL, Airtel, BPL Mobile, Reliance, Tata indicom and internet service providers like Asianet and much more
- IDEA Cellular : As India's leading GSM Mobile Services operator, IDEA Cellular has licenses to operate in 11 circles. With a customer base of over 10 million, IDEA Cellular has operations in Delhi, Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, U
- STAR 7827 : STAR7827 brings you a range of Value Added and entertainment Services on the Short Messaging Service (SMS) platform for your mobile phone.
- Bharti Airtel Limited : Bharti Airtel Limited is a part of Bharti Enterprises, and is India's leading provider of telecommunications services. The businesses at Bharti Airtel have been structured into three individual strategic business units (SBU’s) - mobile services, broadband
- BPL Mobile : BPL Mobile operates in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Goa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry - with a network spanning across 209 cities currently. BPL Mobile serves over 2.7 million happy and satisfied subscribers across these markets.
- Aircel : The Aircel group is a joint venture between Maxis Communications Berhad of Malaysia and Apollo Hospital Enterprise Ltd of India, with Maxis Communications holding a majority stake of 74%.
- Reliance Communications : Reliance Communications has a reliable, high-capacity, integrated (both wireless and wireline) and convergent (voice, data and video) digital network.
- Tata Indicom : Tata Teleservices’ bouquet of telephony services includes Mobile services, Wireless Desktop Phones, Public Booth Telephony and Wireline services.
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. : Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. is World's 7th largest Telecommunications Company providing comprehensive range of telecom services in India: Wireline, CDMA mobile, GSM Mobile, Internet, Broadband, Carrier service, MPLS-VPN, VSAT, VoIP services, IN Services etc
- Hutch : Hutchison Telecom is a part of the multinational conglomerate - Hutchison Whampoa which has its origins dating back to 1828 in Hong Kong.
- Virgin Mobile : Virgin Mobile, a leading branded venture capital organization, is one of the world's most recognized and respected brands.