Kallissery Knanaya Valiapally, Chengannur
St. Mary's church at Kallissery was established in 1580 by Knanaites after their 30 year old church at Mazhukeer was destroyed in a flash flood.
This church is famous for an ancient portrait of St.Mary which is believed to be carried by the Knanaites.
Knanaites who established this church are the descendants of those 72 families who migrated to this country in AD 345, from the Syrian province of Roman Empire under the leadership of Knai Thoma and Bishop Joseph of Edessa.
Web : http://www.syrianchurch.org/ch/KallisseryChurch.htm