The distance education institutes provides good study materials, regular assignments and practice tests. Most of the centers facilitates interactive sessions. A student must make sure that the institute offering MBA is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Correspondence education has opened a new way for professionals, housewives etc to fulfill their unfinished dreams. Professionals can take up the one year Executive MBA offered by many institutes.
Major institutes offering Distance MBA in India are:
1. ICFAI University : The ICFAI Centre for Distance Education offers students and working executives to pursue MBA program on distance learning basis. This MBA program is designed as a career oriented professional certification program. Graduates from any discipline are eligible for the program. Duration of the course is two years.
2. NMIMS : (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) A number of good courses are offered by NMIMS (Mumbai) for MBA like PGDBM, PGDM etc. All the courses are approved by the DEC (Distance Education Council, New Delhi).
3. XLRI : Jamshedpur XLRI, Jamshedpur has one-year executive programmes in Management
4. IGNOU : (Indira Gandhi National Open University) IGNOU offers Distance education programs in Management like MBA, DIM(Diploma in Management) and PGDIM. A student has to appear for the Management Aptitude test OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU for admission to the management programs. The MBA offered by IGNOU is of 2 years duration and is approved by AICTE.
5. TASMAC : TASMAC distance learning programs are a good choice for working professionals. Masters Diploma in Business Administration and Executive Masters Diploma in Business Administration are offered by TASMAC. The program duration is two years.
6. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) : SCDL offers Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA), Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (PGDIB), Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM) and Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology (PGDIT). SCDL is an autonomous institute. All SCDL programs and courses are autonomous.
7. Tamil Nadu Open University : Tamil Nadu Open University offers MBA and MBA Shipping and Logistics Management.
8. Annamalai University, Directorate of Distance Education : Master of Business Administration programs are offered under distance mode in Annamalai University.
9. Pondicherry University, Directorate of Distance Education : Pondicherry University offers MBA programs which spans in 4 semesters. A graduate in any stream is eligible for admission to the MBA programs.
There are many other institutions offering management degree and diploma programs like Karnataka State Open University, Anna University, Indian Institute of Finance, Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Kurukshetra University, Maharshi Dayanand University, IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute, ASCI (Administrative Staff Colleges of India) etc.