Museums(Page 1 of 2)
Kerala is home to several museums that offer visitors a glimpse into the state's rich history, culture, and art. Here are some popular museums in Kerala:
Kerala Folklore Museum: Located in Kochi, this museum houses a vast collection of artifacts that showcase Kerala's rich cultural heritage, including traditional costumes, weapons, musical instruments, and art.
Napier Museum: Located in Thiruvananthapuram, this museum houses a collection of art and artifacts from Kerala and other parts of India, including bronze sculptures, traditional costumes, and musical instruments.
Indo-Portuguese Museum: Located in Fort Kochi, this museum showcases the influence of the Portuguese on the culture and art of Kerala, including sculptures, paintings, and furniture.
Hill Palace Museum: Located in Tripunithura, this museum was once the residence of the royal family of Kochi and now houses a collection of artifacts, including paintings, weapons, and furniture.
Maritime Museum: Located in Kochi, this museum showcases the history and culture of Kerala's coastal communities, including their maritime traditions and seafaring history.
These museums offer visitors a chance to explore Kerala's rich cultural and historical heritage and are a must-visit for anyone interested in learning more about the state's art, history, and traditions.
Listing of all major Museums in Kerala with brief information
- Maritime Museum, Kochi : The Maritime Museum, located at INS Dronacharya in Kochi throws light on the genesis, history, evolution and landmarks of the Indian Navy.
- Natural History Museum : The museum has a varied and rich collection of minerals and books presented by General Cullen in 1885.
- Hill Palace Museum, Tripunithura : Hill Palace is the largest archaeological museum in Kerala, near Tripunithura
- Pazhassiraja Museum and Art Gallery, Kozhikode : The Pazhassiraja museum and the art gallery of Kozhikode have been named after the famous Pazhassiraja Kerala Varma of the Kottayam royal family.
- V.K. Krishna Menon Museum, Kozhikode : The Krishna Menon Museum is a major attraction to the tourists who visit Kozhikode or Calicut city.
- Kuthiramalika Palace Museum, Trivandrum : Kuthiramalika Palace Museum built by Maharaja Swathi Tirunal Balarama Varma, the King of Travancore.
- Indo-Portuguese Museum, Kochi : The museum was established by the efforts of the late Dr. Joseph Kureethra, Bishop of Kochi.
- Ambalavayal Museum : Ambalavayal Museum Wayanad is one of the best maintained, museum in Kerala’s Malabar region.
- Bay Island Driftwood Museum, Kumarakom : Bay Island Driftwood Museum at Kumarakom, Kerala, the only one of it's kind in the country, having a unique synergy between natures art and extensive persuasive imagination, that brings to you the beautiful sculptures of the passionate sea.
- Napier Museum, Thiruvananthapuram : The Napier Museum is an art and natural history museum situated in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), the capital city of Kerala, India.