Subjects to learn:
Personality Development, Grooming, Travel Management, Hospitality Management, Customer Care, First Aid, Swimming and Spoken English are the subjects of study in the Aviation course. Personality Development classes will make you fit for the career as Air hostess or Flight Steward. Physical development is the concept of Grooming classes.
Swimming is compulsory to the crew in International Airlines.
Some of the important study centers for Air Hostess and Flight Steward in India and abroad are given below:
* Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Andheri(W), Mumbai Tel No. : 022-26706039/40/41; Fax : 022-26256670; Email : email@example.com Website: www.fiatfrankfinn.com/
* Cloud 9 Academy, # 303, Monarch Chambers, Marol, Maroshi Road,Andheri east, Mumbai 400059 Website: http://cloud9academy.com/index.html
* Kairali Aviation (P) Ltd., 55, 2nd Floor, Kammanahalli Main Road, St. Thomas Town Post, Bangalore - 560 084 Phone: +91 80 25430960; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://kairaliaviation.com/
* Flying Cats - http://www.flying-cats.com/
* Avalon Aviation Academy - Aptech House, A/65, MIDC, Andheri (E), Mumbai-400093. Tel.: 28272300 Fax: 28272399 Website: www.avalon-aviation.com/
* Air France (Paris) - www.airfrance.com
* Emirates (Dubai) - www.emirates.com
* Excellent Aviation Academy (UK) - www.theaviationacademy.co.uk
There will be many people in an interview board. There will be many tests which may last for a full day, unexpected written tests and also cameras to monitor your movements. One has to pass through 4-5 rounds of interview for a career in the sky. Most Airhostess interviews will start with a self introduction. So one should be well prepared for that. Biodata should be perfect and clear. Talk to the board in a very pleasant manner and show that you have something different.
Salary and Perks:
All the jobs in the Aviation sector will fetch you good salary, allowances and other perks. For an Airhostess in the Domestic sector, the salary is about Rs. 60000. But in the international sector, the minimum salary is Rs.1.25 lakhs. They will get accommodation facility in 5-star hotels. Air hostess/flight steward's minimum salary in domestic sector is Rs.25000, in addition to other allowances.