Alappuzha is famous for its boat races and beaches - Some website links. An unique characteristic of this land is the region called Kuttanad. The rice bowl of Kerala.
- Alappuzha.nic.in : Alappuzha is a Land Mark between the broad Arabian sea and a net work of rivers flowing into it.
- alp.kerala.gov.in : Alappuzha is a veritable maze of bridges and canals, the presence of which has given it the appellation the "Venice of the East".
- Alappuzha.com : The name Alappuzha is derived from the geographical position and physical features of the place.
- Alappuzhatourism.com - A Kerala.com Website : Alappuzha or Alleppey, with its labyrinth, of canals, bridges along silver beach, makes for a memorable holiday.
- Alappuzhaonline.com : The ultimate updated web site and online resource on the internet on Alappuzha (Alleppey )District, kerala India, Asia also called the Venice of the East.