Boat Races(Page 1 of 2)
Boat Races or Vallam Kali means boat game (race) and it is a tradition of Kerala.
- Champakulam Moolam Boat Race : The Champakulam boat race is the first one of the season and has a tradition that goes back to centuries.
- Nehru Trophy Boat Race : The Nehru Trophy Boat Race on the Punnamda Lake, near Alappuzha, held on the second Saturday of August every year, is the most competitive and popular of the boat races.
- Aranmula Uthrattadi Vallamkali : Aranmula Boat Race is a world renowned and highly popular event, held on the Pampa River near the Sree Parthasarathy Temple at Aranmula.
- Pulinkunnu Rajiv Gandhi Boat Race : This boat race is organized in memory of the late Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi.
- Kumarakom Boat Race : The Kumarakom Boat Race also known as Sree Narayana Jayanthi Boat Race.
- Thazhathangadi Boat Race : Thazhathangadi Boat Race is held during Onam, the harvest festival of Kerala, which falls either in August or September.
- Neerettupuram Boat Race : The boat race is held on Thiruvonam day. 4-6 snake boats and various other boats traditionally participate in this race.
- Ochirakali Boat Race : Ochirakali is an annual event in the Sri Parabrahma temple, which aims at highlighting the martial skills of participants
- Indira Gandhi Boat Race : Indira Gandhi Boat Race is a boat race festival celebrated in the last week of December in the backwaters of Kochi.
- Payippad Jalotsavam : Payippad Vallaarattu is a three day water festival. It is conducted in Payippad Lake, 35 km from Alappuzha.